Best Of Toronto

Travel Guides

Restaurants Masterlist

Real Thailand Restaurant

by - May 14, 2012

I stumbled upon this Thai restaurant while walking home from an afternoon trip to the Royal Ontario Museum (ROM).

Real Thailand Restaurant is a mid-sized restaurant serving the standard Thai dishes at affordable prices. A majority of the dishes on the menu are under $10.00 each.

The green mango salad ($7.95) was appetizing; consisting of fresh veggies, crispy mango slices and the potion was generous. 


I have never tried the tom yum goong ($7.95), so I decided to ordered it this time around. Tom yum goong is a widely served spicy and sour soup in Thailand. I thought that the soup had a nice balance of being both spicy and soup. However, the portion was a little skimpy as my bowl only had two pieces of shrimps, and the rest were pretty much all noodles and veggies.

The pad thai ($8.95) was a little disappointing as it tasted rather sweet. It lacked the piquant tastes of hot peppers. I had to requests for extra peppers as my pad thai was not spicy at all. I don't recommend the pad thai here unless you're not a fan of spices.

In my opinion; I thought that the service was far superior compared to the food itself. The servers were attentive and friendly, without being too intrusive. Overall, I was full from my meal and had an OK experience at Real Thailand Restaurant.

RATINGS:

Quality of Food: 3/5
Service: 4/5
Dining Experience: 3/5
Price: $$

Address: 350 Bloor St W, Toronto, ON, M5S 1W9

Real Thailand on Urbanspoon

You May Also Like

comments