Best Of Toronto

Travel Guides

Restaurants Masterlist

Sunnyside Grill

by - August 28, 2012

I was recently at Sunnyside Grill for breakfast over the past weekend. It is actually a small franchise of restaurants serving all day breakfast and various lunch options. They have one location in Toronto, which is located on the streets of St Clair Ave West. The restaurant is open 7 days a week but only from 7:00 am until 3:00 pm. 


The menu offers a nice selection of all day breakfast choices ranging from $5.50 to $9.95.


I ordered the Sunnyside french toast ($6.50) which is basically three thick slices of french toast served with syrup. The presentation of the dish was extremely plain, but I pretty much expected it based on the price. However, one shouldn't judge a book by its cover, the french toast was pretty good as they were lightly grilled and quite fluffy in texture. Additionally, the portions were generous, and I was pretty full from it.


I also ordered a side order of sausages ($4.45). One of the sausages was sightly burnt, but overall, it had a nice smokey flavor to it. 

 Sunnyside Grill was more than half full when I was there around 11:00 am, and there were only two servers on the floor. However, both servers did a pretty good job of servicing all of the tables despite the capacity. They promptly refilled our water, and checked on us from time to time. I was pretty happy with the service that I received. I'd recommend going to Sunnyside Grill for some breakfast.

Note: WagJag is currently featuring a voucher for Sunnyside Grill ($10 for $20 of food). It ends in 4 hours, and they have already sold over 2000 vouchers (to be used at any of the 4 locations). I am not too sure of how many people from Toronto purchased it,  but I am hoping that the quality and service will not deteriorate due to the increased numbers of customers eating there.

RATINGS:

Quality of Food: 3.9/5
Service: 3.8/5
Overall Dining Experience: 3.8/5
Price: $

Address: 1218 St Clair Ave West, Toronto, ON, M6E 1B4

Sunnyside Grill on Urbanspoon

You May Also Like

comments