Best Of Toronto

Travel Guides

Restaurants Masterlist

Sushi Inn

by - August 07, 2012

Sushi Inn is apparently a staple within the neighborhood of Yorkville. My friends and I were in the area doing a photo shoot one Saturday afternoon, and we became hungry, and decided to try this place out for lunch as it was conveniently across the street from us. The place was pretty busy when we arrived at around 3:30 pm, so we had to wait about 10 minutes for a table to open up. 


We were seated at two tables put together, and I found the space to be a little cramped, but it was bearable.


The service was kind of lacking due to the large numbers of customers, and there were only 3-4 waitresses on the floor working. I am not too sure if they were understaffed that Saturday afternoon, but the service was slow. My friends and I finally got a hold of one of the waitresses, and we ordered our food.

I ordered the Sushi Inn salmon pizza (sushi pizza) ($8.25) which is pictured above. I really liked the deep fried patty; it was super crispy. Although the sprinkling of the roe atop of the sushi pizza was a little bit of an overkill. Needlessness to say; it was still a great tasting sushi pizza.


The edamame ($4.25) tasted like the ones found at any other sushi places, so nothing special. For those who are not familiar with this appetizer; it's pretty much boiled soy beans with salt.


The salmon and cucumber rolls came with one of my friend's combo; I forgot which one though. 


The restaurant was very busy; so the sushi that we got were fresh. It did not taste like it was left out in the open for hours on end, which is always a good thing.


My friend, Steve, ordered Combo J (from the lunch menu) ($9.25); which is pictured on the right. This combo included spicy tuna roll (6 pieces), salmon sashimi (2 pieces) and tuna sashimi (2 pieces).

If you have a big appetite, then I would not recommend this specific combo. My friend complained that he was still super hungry after finishing his meal. 


I didn't try this sushi, but the picture to the left is of the kani (surumi crab) ($5.75).
.

The lunch specials serve up good quality food at reasonable prices. I ordered the chicken teriyaki meal ($8.25), and it came with steamed rice, soup, and salad. I thought that the portions were pretty decent for the price, and I was full by the end of the meal.

The lunch specials ranged from $8.00 to $12.00, and they are available 7 days a week from 11:00 am - 3:30 pm.


One of my friends ordered the Sushi Inn special ($9.50). This meal came with chicken teriyaki, green salad, 1 pieces of shrimp tempura, 1 piece of crab tempura, 1 piece of spring roll, 2 pieces of vegetable tempura, 3 pieces of dumpling, steamed rice and 6 pieces of maki. This was the best valued meal on the entire lunch specials menu and is highly recommended. 

Overall, I enjoyed the food here and will definitely be coming back. 


RATINGS:

Quality of Food: 4/5
Service: 2.8/5
Overall Dining Experience: 3.5/5
Price: $$ || Online Menu

Address: 120 Cumberland St, Toronto, ON, M5R 1A6

Sushi Inn on Urbanspoon

You May Also Like

comments