Best Of Toronto

Travel Guides

Restaurants Masterlist

Montana's Cookhouse

by - August 07, 2014

 I find chains rather difficult to review as there are no real consistencies. I have been to Montana's Cookhouse before, and had a forgettable dining experience. However, it was not at this location  Prior to a movie date at Cineplex Cinemas Queensway, J and I, had dinner at the Queensway location. The restaurant is situated in a plaza full of other chained restaurants. Of course with the theater nearby showing the latest Marvel movie; most restaurants in that said plaza were bustling with hungry customers. Montana's Cookhouse provided a comforting and casual environment. They use brown paper as tablecloths; as customers can write/draw on them while they wait. I'd say that the place is more family-friendly as opposed to a date spot.


The menu is extensive, and offers similar fare as other chains from steaks, ribs, sandwiches, appetizers, etc ... I had tried their steak before, and wasn't a fan of it. I decided to opt for their Rib N' Wing Combo's pork side ribs combo ($23.99) - a half rack of our Honkin' Beef Ribs, paired with four double-dusted chicken wings, with your choice of rib and wing sauce. I chose cracked black peppercorn sauce for my ribs and honey garlic for my wings. It was very well-portioned and I didn't leave hungry, that's for sure. My dish arrived with all of the necessary fixing including fries and coleslaw. The ribs were delicious and had a nice smoky flavor to them. I wasn't a huge fan of the wings though as they were quite small and a little overcooked. Both the fries and coleslaw were okay; nothing special.

Montana's on Urbanspoon


Cookhouse top sirloin 8 oz ($19.99) - a tender, juicy Canadian AAA top sirloin, aged 28 days and fire-grilled to order. All steak meals are served with one of Southern baked beans, corn or coleslaw. Additionally, there's a choice of one side and an order of crispy Cajun onions.

This particular location fared a lot better than the other ones that I have been to. Service was a little slow but I could chalk it up to being a busy Saturday night. The food did take a while to arrive, but at least our server was friendly and made conversations with us.

Address: 1007 The Queensway Toronto, ON, M8Z 6C7 

Montana's on Urbanspoon

You May Also Like

comments