Best Of Toronto

Travel Guides

Restaurants Masterlist

[Mini Review] Pizzas Party Post

by - January 28, 2015

Over the past few weeks, I have been craving for some pizzas. As a result of my cravings, I ordered pizzas from a few places for delivery or pick-up. I will continue to update this page as I don't think any of them really warrants a long review, as they're either deliveries or pick-ups.

Ciccios Pizza Pasta


Ciccio's Pizza and Pasta is a small family-owned Italian restaurant on Dundas Street W. There's a small counter top inside of the restaurant where you can sit, but a majority of their business comes from pick-up and delivery. J lives rather close by, so this place is pretty much our go-to pizza joint. Most often, we ordered delivery as finding parking on his street can be quite difficult after 10 pm. Delivery costs $1.95, and they're usually pretty good with not exceeding 45 minutes.

Our favorite pizza from here is the 14" Ciccio's Special ($16.50) - pepperoni, mushrooms, green peppers, onions, sliced tomatoes, bacon, double cheese. What I like about Ciccio's is their consistency in the quality of their pizzas, and it's very filling (8 slices). The pizza itself is pretty well crafted, has a crispy crust, generous amount of toppings, and well-priced.

Ciccio's Pizza & Pasta on Urbanspoon

Costco


My local Costco food court is always packed with hungry consumers. A popular item on the menu is their pizza slice which you can also order a whole pie. Costco's pizza is very cost-effective, as a slice is only $1.99 and a whole pizza is a very affordable $9.99. I opted to order a whole pizza for my family one night, and got it cooked (you also have the option of buying it frozen). The pizza was large and more than enough for 4 people. It was perfectly crisp, cheesy, and contained a very good amount of pepperoni per slice. They definitely do not skimp out on the pepperoni.

Costco Food Court on Urbanspoon

Panago




Panago is a Canadian pizza chain with several locations in Toronto. Panago offer regular, thin, multigrain and gluten-free crusts, a variety of sauces, cheeses and toppings. However, the chain has been a hit and miss for me. At times, the pizza can be absolutely tasty, and other times, it arrives with barely any toppings on the pizza. About three weeks ago, I got the walk-in special which was a medium pepperoni pizza ($9.99). I was happy this time as the pizza was delicious and I loved the gooey cheese.

Panago Pizza on Urbanspoon

Pizza Nova


This location in Little Italy is probably one of my favorite Pizza Nova locations. I usually get their medium walk-in special for $8.49 (you can upgrade to a large for an additional $2). The pizza here is very consistent, and the service is friendly.

Pizza Nova on Urbanspoon

Domino's Pizza

I have been ordering from Domino's Pizza for years, as I find their pizzas and service to be consistent. The following locations are the two places where I order the most from (when I am uptown and downtown). What I like about the delivery service is the live-meter so that you can track the progress of the cooking/delivery. I haven't had any problems with late deliveries or cold food before.

Domino's Pizza on Urbanspoon

Domino's Pizza on Urbanspoon


Longo's

Longo's has a pretty good food selection, including wood-oven pizzas on their menu.


Longo's Loft on Urbanspoon

You May Also Like

comments