Best Of Toronto

Travel Guides

Restaurants Masterlist

Vieux-Port Steakhouse

by - July 31, 2012


After a tiring day of exploring Old Montreal in Montreal, QC, I was absolutely famished by 7:00 pm. My friends, boyfriend, and I walked past by Vieux-Port Steakhouse, and it was pretty packed inside so we all decided to give it a try.


Vieux-Port Steakhouse is a well-established steakhouse that opened in 1983. Upon entering the establishment, there was a tank full of live lobsters to the left of the entrance, which was cool. The hostess quickly greeted us at the door, and brought us to a nicely set table near to the side of the restaurant. The decor of Vieux-Port Steakhouse exemplifies an old-school grandeur to me. The only complaint that I have about the atmosphere was that the tables were quite close to each other, so there was a lack of privacy.


We were handed the menus, and a basket of bread & butter by the waiter. The bread was fresh, and the insides were absolutely soft. To start off the meal; a dozen oysters were ordered ($40.00) for the table as appetizers. I haven't acquired the taste of oysters yet, so I didn't eat any of it.


I ordered the tenderloin medallions with grilled shrimp ($35.00) which was part of their surf & turf menu. The two tenderloin medallions were cooked at a perfect medium, and were really juicy. I also enjoyed the four pieces of black tiger shrimps, which were delectably grilled.The meal also came with a side order which I chose french fries. The fries were okay as I found them to be a little bit too soggy and not crispy enough.


As for dessert, I ordered the crème brûlée ($6.00) which was really cheap so I couldn't resist (one of my favorite desserts). The crème brûlée from Vieux-Port Steakhouse was actually served in a larger oval flat bowl which was different from the usual small round bowl found at other places. The disc of caramel was well caramelized and the custard underneath was both rich and delicious.


I thought that the hospitality provided at Vieux-Port Steakhouse was fantastic. Our waiter was very welcoming and attentive. He came by the table often to check upon us, took away empty plates, and refilled our water frequently. So if you're ever in Montreal, then I'd definitely recommend checking out Vieux-Port Steakhouse.


RATINGS:

Quality of Food: 4.4/5
Service: 4/5
Dining Experience: 4/5
Price: $$$

Address: 39 Rue Saint Paul East, Montreal, QC, H2Y 1G2

You May Also Like

comments