Best Of Toronto

Travel Guides

Restaurants Masterlist

The Stockyards: Smokehouse and Larder

by - November 07, 2013

The Stockyards has gained the reputation of being one of the best places in Toronto for fried chicken. It is a modest size restaurant offering comfort food on St.Clair West. I came here for dinner on a Thursday to try out their ribs and chicken combo. However, I completely forgot that they only serve BBQ ribs three days a week (Tues, Fri and Sat). The reason for this is because "the smoking process of their wood fired cooker takes up to 18 hrs". 


Eventually, I opted for the popular Stockyards Fried Chicken Dinner ($14.00). The dinner came with four pieces of buttermilk marinated chicken and served with fries, coleslaw and hot sauce. The buttermilk that the chicken was marinated in made the chicken quite tender. Overall, all four pieces of fried chicken were succulent, moist, and tasted delicious when dipped into the provided hot sauce. I also liked the shoestring fries which wasn't overly oily.

 
The Stockyards' decor is pretty minimalistic with an open kitchen concept. If you're lucky enough to be seated in the bar area facing the kitchen; you can watch the chefs make your food. As for their service, I thought that it was quick and efficient. My friend and I were quickly seated, and our waitress took our food and drink orders. Occasionally, she came back from time to time to our seated area and asked how we were doing.

I am not super big on the idea of getting brunch but I have heard a great deal about their fried chicken and waffles combo. So it's definitely on my list to try out in the future.

RATINGS:

Quality of Food: 4.5/5
Service: 4/5
Overall Dining Experience: 4/5
Price: $$ || Online Menu

Address: 699 St Clair Avenue W, Toronto, ON,M6C 1B2

The Stockyards Smokehouse & Larder on Urbanspoon

You May Also Like

comments