Best Of Toronto

Travel Guides

Restaurants Masterlist

Momofuku Noodle Bar [revisited]

by - February 21, 2014

It has been quite a while since my last visit to Momofuku Noodle Bar, which you can read about it here. However, I was craving for some pork buns and decided to drag my bf along (who has never tried the place). We arrived around 7 pm on a Saturday, and all of the communal tables were taken. Our server informed us that there were two seats available at the bar where customers overlook the kitchen area; which we took as we were pretty hungry.



The menu hasn't really changed much since my last visit, but there were a few new items on the menu. He opted for their signature ramen which was the Momofuku ramen ($15) while I got myself the smoked chicken ramen. The smoked chicken ramen ($14) was decent as its broth was light and there was a lot of menma in the ramen which added some flavor to the dish. However, I was underwhelmed by the lack of noodles. For its price tag, the ramen was not very filling at all if it's just a stand-alone order. Thankfully, I had also ordered two buns dishes on the side which filled me up quite nicely.


  The highlight of the night was definitely the pork buns. The order of pork buns ($10) came in two and dressed in hoisin, scallion and cucumber. The pork buns were delicious and both pieces of pork were juicy and tender as the last time that I ordered them.


While the pork buns remained to be a popular item on the menu; hardly anyone really mentions their chicken buns ($9). Each steamed bun contains a piece of crispy fried chicken topped with bacon, pickled onion aioli, and iceberg. I loved the crispy texture of the chicken skins, and it's a melt in your mouth feeling when you bite it with the soft white buns. 

Address: 190 University Avenue (Ground Floor), Toronto, ON M5H 0A3

You May Also Like

comments