Best Of Toronto

Travel Guides

Restaurants Masterlist

Pho Mi 99

by - May 06, 2014

Growing up in a Vietnamese household, I was spoiled by countless bowls of home-made pho and bun bo hue. I rarely order pho out nowadays as I have been disappointed with most of them as they are sometimes MSG-laden and comes with tons of fillers (bean sprouts, lime, and not much meat). I was in the Mississauga area one afternoon, and decided to check out Pho Mi 99.

The restaurant sits in a rather busy plaza, and there is a large parking lot with free parking. Walking inside, the restaurant was simply decorated, but its interior was rather spacious. My bf and I were greeted and quickly seated. Like many other Vietnamese establishments, they offer a variety of items from appetizers, rice dishes, pho, bun bo hue, soups, vermicelli dishes, drinks, and etc ...


As a starter, I ordered the deep fried spring rolls as an appetizer (#13) ($4.25) which came with two pieces. The spring rolls had a good crunch to it, but there was nothing special about the filling.


As my main course, I got the grilled chicken & grilled pork with vermicelli (#423) ($7.00). I thought that the noodles were perfectly cooked and the there was a good amount of meat. Additionally, both the grilled chicken and grilled pork were tender, and I liked the marinate that coated the meat. Portion-wise, it was a very filling meal.


The bun bo bue (hue style soup) #436) ($8.00) was available in only one size. The soup had a decent amount of noodles, and the broth was flavorful. I know of some places that opt out of blood curds, but there were two pieces given here.

 The overall service was rather friendly, and attentive. Additionally, the food didn't take long to arrive to our table.

RATINGS:
Quality of Food: 3.5/5
Service: 3.5/5
Overall Dining Experience: 3.5/5
Price: $

Address: 4557 Hurontario St, Mississauga, ON L4Z 3X3

Pho Mi 99 on Urbanspoon

You May Also Like

comments