Best Of Toronto

Travel Guides

Restaurants Masterlist

Against The Grain

by - December 10, 2012

Against The Grain is a casual tavern that offers Canadian dishes at mid-range prices. It is located in the Corus Entertainment Building and overlooks the nice view of the Harbourfront. 

Having heard good reviews about this tavern from a few friends, I decided to venture out to have dinner here one night with my boyfriend. I thought that the atmosphere was fun and relaxing, but the food and service were definitely lacking. The food took a while to arrive, and our waiter wasn't too pleasant. Overall, my dining experience at Against The Grain was only okay and I don't think I'd return. 


I ordered the house smoked ribs ($19.00) which was sweet hoisin & ginger glazed pork ribs. The dish was served with fries and crunchy coleslaw. I really liked the fries, as they were very crispy. I didn't like the ribs that much as I thought that there was too much sauce on the ribs which made it overbearingly sweet.


RATINGS:

Quality of Food: 3.5/5
Service: 3.5/5
Overall Dining Experience: 3.4/5
Price: $$

Address: 25 Dockside Dr, Toronto, ON, M5A 1B5

Against the Grain Urban Tavern on Urbanspoon

You May Also Like

comments