Best Of Toronto

Travel Guides

Restaurants Masterlist

[Coming Soon] Ebisu on Queen & Muse Salon

by - September 09, 2016

There has been an influx of west coast imports as of late to Toronto, including Miku, Shameful Tiki Room, and Cactus Club. Another one joining the ranks is popular Vancouver sushi chain/lounge, Ebisu. They will be opening sometime this month (date is TBA) with a similar concept as their Vancouver locations in downtown Toronto. Ebisu on Queen will be taking over the former Sushi Queen space located at 204 Queen St. West. Ebisu on Queen aims to offer an extensive menu of delicious food and drinks set in a lively sushi bar lounge.
Ebisu Japanese Restaurant originated from Vancouver, as its first location opened in December 2006. There are currently two locations in Vancouver and one in Richmond, along with two restaurants under the Kamei names. What is Ebisu? Ebisu translates as "Yebisu" - meaning the fisherman's god of fortune and good luck. Ebisu is the only one out of the Seven Gods of Fortune to originate from Japan.

Photo Credit: @EbisuonQueen
Upstairs of Ebisu on Queen will be a hair salon called Muse Salon, also from Vancouver. Muse Salmon is an all-in-one beauty shop designed for your styling needs. They use the best products and equipment in the industry to provide a great hair experience. In addition, they also carry Japanese straightening and perm solutions available exclusively at MUSE. Ebisu on Queen was still under construction during my last visit, so I had the opportunity to get my hair done. So instead of tasting the menu, I got to fully experience what Muse Salon was all about.

Bye bye long hair!
I met my hair stylist who trained and worked in Tokyo for several years, so she had years of experience. We started the appointment off by discussing what style I wanted, and then it was off to wash my hair.


The chair was comfortable, so it made the hair washing and head massage much more relaxing. I was a little hesitant at first, as it has been years since I had short hair. However, I decided to let it be, and just went along with a bob haircut. Overall, I had a really good experience at Muse Salon, and was happy with my haircut.  



My bob hair cut =)


Disclaimer: The service provided in this post was complimentary. However, all of the opinions expressed in this review are of my own.

You May Also Like

comments