Best Of Toronto

Travel Guides

Restaurants Masterlist

Weslodge - Sunday Roast Dinner

by - January 12, 2018

There are no shortage of restaurants in Toronto, as the city offers an impressive range of international foods without needing to travel abroad. You don't have to travel far to have a taste of a Sunday Roast dinner, as you can now find it at Weslodge. Situated in the heart of King Street West is Weslodge, a modern saloon-inspired restaurant by Ink Entertainment. Weslodge is pretty distinguishable by its illuminated, slab-lettered marquee lights and large yellow doors. Once inside, you are welcomed into a large space furnished with cutting-edge design and decor.

I have been to the restaurant on two occasions for dinner, and a couple of weeks ago had the pleasure of trying their Sunday Roast Dinner. What is Sunday Roast? It is a popular traditional British meal that is typically served on Sunday, and typically shared with families and friends. The dinner concept originated from England, but is also popular in many parts of Ireland as well. 


The restaurant prides itself on their extensive selection of expertly mixed classic drinks, which I had the chance to try. My cocktail was mixed by one of the mixologists at the bar, and it was sweet to my liking.




Weslodge introduced their version of the Sunday Roast Dinner earlier this past December, and it's now available every Sunday from 3 pm to close. The dinner is $35 per person, and features roast meat (beef or lamb) served with the following accompaniments; Yorkshire pudding, potatoes, seasonal vegetables, a jug of gravy, and choice of dessert. 


I really enjoyed the Potatoes, as they were golden, crispy, and didn't taste oily to me. 


The meal also came with a dish of Seasonal Vegetables, which change often depending on the season. Personally, I found the vegetables too salty for my liking, so I didn't touch much of it.  


Yorkshire Pudding is an English food made from batter, and is usually part of the traditional Sunday roast. I have never had such a huge Yorkshire Pudding before, and as a carbs lover ... I certainly welcome its size.


For my meat option, I opted for the Roast Beef, which did not disappoint. The roast was cooked to pink, so it was medium on the outside, while being fairly rare on the inside. I loved it! It was tender, perfectly cooked, and full of flavor. Although the gravy was very good, I didn't need to drown my meat with it.  


Another meat option is the Roast Lamb, which J got. He liked it too! 


For dessert, I got their Sticky Toffee Pudding - vanilla ice cream, which is also available on their regular dessert menu. It was a great ending to a wonderful meal.


Apple Crumble Pie - cinnamon ice cream 





Overall, the Sunday Roast at Weslodge was an enjoyable dinner. The service was attentive, friendly, and non-pretentious. Mondays are usually the worst, so the Sunday Roast Dinner at Weslodge is the perfect way to make your weekend feel a little longer. 


Address: 480 King St W, Toronto, ON M5V 1L7

Social Media:

Disclaimer: The food provided in this post was complimentary. However, all of the opinions expressed in this review are of my own.

Weslodge Bar & Grill Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

You May Also Like

comments