Best Of Toronto

Travel Guides

Restaurants Masterlist

I-Cook Buffet

by - October 08, 2012

I-Cook Buffet is located in a plaza located off of Warden & Steeles. The interior of the restaurant is large, and clean-looking. Between the hours of 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, I-Cook Buffet serves dim sum, and from 4:00 pm to closing, it is an AYCE hot pot. 


I ate during the morning hours, so the following review will be on the dim sum dishes.


There is a special fixed price of $2.88 for each item on the menu if you go between the times of 9:00 am to 11:00 am and 1:30 pm to 4:00 pm.

Otherwise, the pricing are as followed:

Small: $2.88
Medium: $3.38
Large: $3.78


One of the great things about uptown restaurants would be the non-hassle of parking, and also it's free (since I-Cook Buffet is in a plaza).

I was pretty surprised about the service at I-Cook Buffet. It was actually pretty good as the dishes arrived fast, and the waitresses were efficient in taking the empty steamer baskets away and refilling our glasses of water and pots of tea. Two thumbs up :)


The fried cuttle tentacle (L) was lightly battered and crispy.

I really liked the BBQ beef ribs (L); the flavor was very sweet and there were no fatty pieces.

The chicken feet with chu hou sauce (S) had a good amounts of cartilage, but the sauce was way too sour for me.


Shrimp dumplings (L) are generally a staple at dim sum and I always ordered them whenever I go. The dumplings at I-Cook Buffet contained plump shrimp but the skin was not as translucent as other places.

The fried chicken wings (L) were fried to a golden brown and it had a nice flavor.  


I didn't like the turnip cakes (S) that much as the texture was too dry. I'd pass on this dish.


The shrimp steamed rice noodle (L) was steamed perfectly.

On the other hand, the beef steamed rice noodle (M) was standard. Although I did find the beef feeling to be a little too salty.


I didn't get to try the steamed seedling dumplings (M).  


The chiu chow dumplings (L) were wrapped in a translucent dumpling wrapper and filled with pork, dried shrimp, chives, and mushrooms. It was quite tasty.

The bun with custard (M) was considered as a dessert dish. The bun itself was light and fluffy, and it had a very sweet filling.


RATINGS:

Quality of Food: 3.9/5
Service: 4/5
Overall Dining Experience: 3.8/5
Price: $$

Address: 7030 Warden Avenue, Markham, ON, L3R 4N3

iCook Buffet on Urbanspoon

You May Also Like

comments