Best Of Toronto

Travel Guides

Restaurants Masterlist

[Fashion] Summer Dresses

by - June 29, 2020

Unfortunately, due to the circumstances of COVID-19, summer will definitely not be the same this year. I know that a lot of events have been canceled already such as concerts, trade shows, meet and greets pool parties, and yes ... even CNE and Buskerfest. I am hoping that the economy will become more stable in the next few months, but I know it's impossible to predict right now. 

Credit: Skathi (creator) | Getty Images/iStockphoto
As of right now, I have no plans on going anywhere major this summer, but I do plan on going outside for walks (at least) and when it's relatively safe to do so - then maybe a few patios. As of June 24, 2020, restaurants with outdoor patios were permitted to be opened. However, I am going to wait a bit to see what happens in the next two to three weeks. However, that hasn't really stopped me from purchasing several pieces for my summer wardrobe (since it will still be hot outside). What I love about online retailers is the options available, and many companies now offer free shipping and free returns. To be honest, I am still a little apprehensive about going to malls to buy clothes right now. So shopping online is great, as you can find a variety of dresses from maxi, floaty floral dresses, mini, to simple white dresses on there.

I would describe my summer dresses style as feminine, form-fitting, and floral. My style may not be suitable for everyone's taste, but a lot of these retailers offer a lot of options to choose from. 

Abercrombie

Abercrombie has a wide selection of cute styles that are tailored for different body types. Their selection is a mix of trendy pieces with classic prints.


Aritzia

Aritzia is a Canadian-founded company that carries an ever-changing roster of clothes, and perfect for all occasions. They are one of my favorite brands for cute and versatile styles that are always on-trend. I love Aritzia because their sizing chart is pretty consistent (I wear XS or 2), so I can order clothes online with ease. However, I am not a huge fan of their return policy (14 days refund for new and only store credit or exchange for sale), but luckily most of the time, I do fit their clothes, so I don't have to return them. 
 
ASOS

ASOS is a British online fashion that sells over 850 brands as well as its own range of clothing and accessories. I love the wide variety of bright and floral dresses available. However, the last time I ordered from them, I incurred heavy-duty charges at the door. My total spent was about $525, and the duty I paid to DHL was roughly $65 CAD. My recommendation is to split your order so that they're under $100 - you'll either get no duty or get charged less than $12.
 
Dynamite

Summer calls for easy, and effortless style and that's what Dynamite offers. Their dresses are great and you can wear the maxi or mini dresses for different occasions as well - work meetings, social distance BBQ, or a casual walk in the park.  
Ever New

I love maxi dresses, as you can wear them for every occasion. I recently purchased a bunch of dresses and tops from EverNew, a popular Australian brand that opened a few locations in Canada. This was my first time buying from them online, so I am really hoping that the size I chose will fit me. They're having a 25% sale on all of their full-price items. EverNew's line of clothing is super feminine with a lot of flowy dresses that aren't too bold in colors or patterns - perfect for summer.
  
Reformation

Keep your style effortlessly chic and pair one of our flowy summer dresses from Reformation with a nice pair of heels. Reformation is an LA-based brand that prides itself on sustainable fashion. The company invests in green building infrastructure to minimize waste, water, and energy footprints. As a result, it's one of the more expensive options for summer dresses on this list. However, I love their dresses, as it's feminine, sexy, and flirty.
 
Revolve

Revolve is really popular online, especially with the lifestyle influencers. Their website offers a variety of cute summer dresses for the warmer months. It's not really for everyone - as a lot of their clothes are extremely form-fitting, and kind of revealing.
 
SHEIN

Shein is an online retailer that is based in China. The prices are low, so perfect if you only want to wear the dresses a few times. However, purchasing from here can be risky as the quality and sizing aren't the same for all products. They do ship from their China warehouses, so don't expect speedy shipping - can take up to a month. I highly recommend splitting your orders to be under $100 as well, so that you're not smacked with high duties (should you choose express shipping).
 
Urban Outfitter

Urban Outfitters is a lifestyle retailer with multiple brick and mortar locations in Canada. They have really captured the millennial market and has grown substantially throughout the years. I may have chosen some classic pieces, but most of the dresses on Urban Outfitters are edgy, bold, and fun.
You can also follow along on my Instagram if you want more summer food adventures. 

You May Also Like

comments