Best Of Toronto

Travel Guides

Restaurants Masterlist

Sukho Thai

by - February 06, 2015

There are currently three Sukho Thai locations in downtown Toronto. This review is based on my visit to their original location on Parliament Street. Although, you can read my review of their Wellington location here. I haven't seen a friend of mine in a while, and he suggested checking out Sukho Thai on Parliament. I am a fan of Thai food, so I didn't object to the suggestion. I enjoyed my meal at their second location, so I came in with the anticipation that the Pad Thai here would be similar in terms of flavor profile and presentation. 


The original location was fairly unassuming from the outside, and situated on a pretty busy block. The restaurant space was a lot smaller than I expected, but it looked cozy. My friend and I arrived around 6 pm on a Thursday night, and it wasn't too busy. A few tables were occupied, and most of the foot traffic going in and out were takeouts. We left before the dinner rush, but I have heard that it does get really busy.


 Sukho Thai's menu offers traditional and authentic Thai cuisine at decent prices.


As per usual, I opted for the Sukhothai Pad Thai ($13) - stir fried rice noodles in a light tamarind-based sauce with chicken, beef, tofu. I chose the shrimp option for an additional $1. The way that they plated the Pad Thai made the portion looked small, but I was wrong as it was more than enough. The Pad Thai was hot and full of flavorful. As I have mentioned in my previous review, they use tamarind so the color of the sauce isn't bright red (no ketchup here). The spice level was just the right amount giving it a slight kick without being overbearingly hot. However, if you like your noodles extra spicy then I'd suggest getting "Thai spicy".


My friend, Tim, got the Sukhothai Pad Thai ($13) - stir fried rice noodles in a light tamarind-based sauce with tofu.

Address: 274 Parliament Street, Suite A, Toronto, ON, M5A 3A4

Sukho Thai on Urbanspoon

You May Also Like

comments