Best Of Toronto

Travel Guides

Restaurants Masterlist

The Keg Steakhouse & Bar

by - July 04, 2012

A friend of mine decided to celebrate her birthday at The Keg located uptown in Vaughan, ON, back in early April. For those who are not familiar with this particular restaurant; it is actually a Canadian and US based chain steakhouse. 


On entering the place; I thought that it was relatively spacious. My friend, Dee, had a party of 17 people, so there were four long tables connected to fit us all. The ambiance itself was pretty nice; the lights were lowly dimmed and jazz music was playing in the background. I would describe it as a very calming atmosphere. In my opinion, The Keg is one of the better chained restaurants in Toronto due to the atmosphere that it offers and the service was good. As for the service aspect; I thought that the waiters/waitresses were patient with the guests while they choose their meals (as some took longer than others), and for the most part, were pleasant. As a result of the large party, the food took relatively longer to arrive but that was no fault of The Keg.

The menu at The Keg offers a wide selection of food, and the prices were on par with other chained restaurants that you can think of in the city. I opted to order the honey BBQ chicken & ribs combo ($24.95) as I had steaks earlier the day before at another restaurant. My dish was accompanied with fries on the side, and some veggies. I liked the fries; it was very crispy. The ribs were well seasoned, but was relatively small in size. However, I was sorely disappointed with the chicken as I found it to be extremely dry; even when dipped with the accompanied BBQ sauce.

Below is the zesty salmon ($23) which is served with rice and veggies.


RATINGS:

Quality of Food: 3/5
Service: 4/5
Dining Experience: 3/5
Price: $$$ || Online Menu

Address: 3300 Rutherford Road, Vaughan, ON, L4K 5Z2

The Keg Steakhouse & Bar - Vaughan on Urbanspoon


The Keg Steakhouse + Bar on Urbanspoon

You May Also Like

comments